Monday, September 20, 2010

Road Trip part 1

Eh up! Been a while, I was disappeared. How yall doin? Last week, I had family trip by car. We headed around Sumatra Island. I'm just a bit distracted how to tell you all the trip :p We were gone for like 2 weeks from Sept 5th - 19th. That was our first road trip to Sumatra. I was quite hyped yet done in. It needed 12hours-ish from one state to another state. My dad can't drive out the local city so we paid a driver.
Ok, lets start with :
Stop 1
On the 5th, we spent along the night in the ferry to go to Palembang, South Sumatra. First arrival was Lampung but we didn't look around. We went straight to Palembang. We got in Lampung at like 4ish am and stopped in Palembang at 4pm :S 12 hours sitting in car made me limp! We then looked for a hotel to stay for 1 day. At night, dad drove the car with us and we let the driver to rest up. We went for some grubs and Palembang's trademark :)



Ampera Bridge above the Musi River






Kuto Besak Castle



Pempek :D One of the best!



Tekwan




Read bean Ice



Then before we leaved out the town to go to another state in the morning, we were told by people in town to try Palembang egg noodles so we caught up ones :) With no doubt, it was the best noodles ever!



Stop 2
From Palembang, we went straight to Bukit Tinggi and that took longer time to sit in the car :S Needed 22hours to find the city and the hotel!!! I was getting limper. At 6 in the morning with all sleepy eyes, we accidentally found the beautiful lake named Singkarak. What the best creature of God! We stopped by for a moment to take some pics.

Singkarak Lake





Barisan Hill (the longest hill in the world I guess!)


Once more, we left the driver to rest up and dad drove around the town with us! Oh one thing, all muslims here were in Ramadan so they were fasting from Aug 10th - Sept 10th. Since Jakarta is a multi-culture, so people who are non-muslims could get foods freely but at Bukit Tinggi which is 90% muslim, they were not allowed to open all restaurants. So, we starved until 6 pm. We just looked around the town at night and it was so amazing! I ♥ the city so much! Besides the cool air, the city is well-organized. That's how they call Bukit Tinggi as the city tours :)



Jam Gadang at night (Big Watch)




Padang satay :9 Delicioso!


We checked out from hotel in the morning to catch up some sightseeings. Needed about 2 hours to go there. But it's all worth!


Jam Gadang in the morning (Big Watch)



The coolest grand canyon named Ngarai Sianok!! I was so amazed :O


The hill



Japan's secret headquarters when Indonesia was invaded by Japan. It has 132 rungs to go down there and I was exhausted to climb up. lol



Rice field on the edge of the road! I ♥ the nature ^^


The second best God's creature! Maninjau Lake



Small hidden waterfall



See the water!!!!




Weirdo bonsai!


Stop 3
We went straight to Pekanbaru, Riau from Bukit Tinggi and again took quite a long time : 16hours in car. I guessed I would die soon. lol. Pekanbaru is my mom's hometown so we visited our relatives over there and stayed 1 night in my uncle's house. Pekanbaru is hot and nothing interesting cause it's more into fuel industry. But I like the grubs though! :D


Lontong Pecel and tasted really spicy! :D



Okay peeps, I'll post the others later. There are still hundreds tale. lol! I'm mindless rite now and school starts tomorrow morning :) I'm quite hyped yet lazy :p Soon!

2 comments :

  1. Sounds a really great trip (*^O^*) The pics are so beutiful and foods look yummy !!!!^^ i wanna go there sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! come faster kade :p i'd love to guide you

    ReplyDelete